Wednesday 15 June 2011

Dell-Ugo - Dellllllllllicous

82 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland.


http://www.dellugosouthbank.com.au/


Well my long awaited appearance at Dell-ugo finally arrived last week and it was everything I was hoping for. Located in South Bank, Dell-ugo is a fine dining Italian restaurant bringing class, elegance and quality. Dell-ugo is expensive, but you can certainly justify the prices as soon as you enter. The decor is classy and well designed, but we all go to restaurant for the food and the food is devine. My Mother and I shared a three course meal, for entree I had the calamari, they were generous with portion size but the taste, my god was delicious, the calamari literally melted in your mouth. For my main, I had the Home-made ricotta gnocchi w/ rabbit ragu & shaved parmesan it was beautiful, but my Mum had the Lasagna w/ crab meat, prawns, tomato, béchamel & parmesan served on a bed of tomato & béchamel sauce, defiantly the highlight. To top it all off for dessert we had the white chocolate mouse with almond biscuit and poached pear, washing it all down with two skinny cappuccino. Dell-ugo is a wine drinkers paradise, just take a look at the massive cellar at the back of the restaurant, there are over 150 Italian, Australian and New Zealand wines to choose from. If you are uneducated about wine ask for Yianni's recommendations


http://www.dellugosouthbank.com.au/brisbane-italian-restaurant-wine/wine_list/


The service is of the highest standard, faultless, again justifying the prices. If I had more money I would had tipped, which is rare because we Aussies never tip. If you do not wish to dine then at least go to Dell-Ugo for drinks, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the finer things in life whilst looking out at South Bank parklands and city views. Dell-Ugo would be a great place to propose, they also do wedding receptions and hold regular and special events. I will be back at Dell-Ugo for sure, I am not made of money but I am prepared to spend that money again to get the traditional fine dining experience, especially for authentic Italian cuisine. 




D. 




Crab lasagne & Ragu Gnocchi


 Gnocchi




White Choc Mousee.

No comments:

Post a Comment